Recipe: Seafood Hotpot

Seafood Hotpot, is one of my favorites when I am eating in a Japanese Restaurant. I just got back from being sick. And it is already rainy season here in the Philippines. So I thought of this recipe, I remembered doing this recipe during the  new year's eve of 2011 and my family loved it! As you have noticed most of my recipes are homemade and I don't use expensive ingredients simply because I am a very practical person. I always think of other alternative ways on how to make my favorite dish easy to do and as much as possible affordable. So, here is my version of Japanese Seafood Hotpot:




Ingredients:
4 oz fish fillet, cut in 2 inches slice
2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
4 oz Asian green mussel (Tahong in Tagalog)
4 oz Squid, cleaned and cut into desired size4 Med/Large Shrimp, cleaned/remove the tail
1/2 C Mushrooms
1 cup Chinese Cabbage, slice it on your desired size. (Optional)
4 Scallions, cut in 2 in pieces
1/2 block Tofu, cut into cubes
1/2 large carrot, cut into cubes
4 oz. noodles, rinsed and drained, cut in half (what ever is available in the market)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 quart water
1 C Chicken broth or broth cubes
3 tsp soy sauce
1/4 C dissolved cassava flour, for thickening
Sesame seeds, to garnish

Procedure:

Boil together 1 quart of water/ chicken broth/ chicken breast/ mushroom/ carrots/ scallions/ mussels/ squids/ shrimp/ cabbage/ soy sauce/ noodles. Add the cassava flour, season and stir the soup well before putting the fish fillet and tofu or else if you put the fish and tofu before stirring, it will break down. After putting the fish and tofu let it simmer of 3-5 mins until the fish and tofu is cooked. Finally, garnish it with some sesame seeds on top.

Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Enjoy your seafood hotpot!

xoxo,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...