First Team Building (Bolinao 2014)


Like what I have mentioned on my previous blog I will start posting my travel adventure after I stopped blogging.

This is my first year working on a BPO company. I am a Customer Care Agent on one of the telecommunication company in the United States. Yes! If you're from the USA, and you're carrier is the company that I worked for maybe we've already talked. haha!

Since we work on a graveyard shift, on weekends and during holidays. One of the most popular activity we do during our day-offs and after payday is to have a team building. This is a good way to bond with your teammates for you to know them better. Because on a call center environment change is constant. Meaning you may have different teammates after a few months.

This is my first call center job. Yes! I am a call center "VIRGIN" in layman's term. I am lucky as well because even I am a virgin in this industry I was hired on this line of business. Because the four major telecommunication company in the US is the hardest account in the BPO industry. To those who doesn't have a experience in the BPO industry the reason why telecommunication account is hard because there are more metrics that you need to maintain. We have customer survey to make sure we are providing the best customer experience. We have average handling time to maintain meaning we cannot talk to one customer for a long time we need to resolve the issue as fast as we can but we need to make sure that the quality is there. As customer care agent we also need to make sure that when we resolve the issue of the customer we need to make sure that there are no underlying issue that will make the customer to call us back within the next 7 days. Those are the 3 most important metrics but we have more and I don't want to really discuss all these things here. I just want to give you an overview why I became busy in this field and did not have time to blog for the past 3 years.




Bolinao, Pangasinan is located at the northern part of Luzon. As we all know Philippines is popular with its beaches and Bolinao is one of the famous destination for beach lovers.


From Pampanga (located at the central part of Luzon) it is a 6 hours drive north to Bolinao. It is my first time going to Bolinao but I heard a lot of good feedback about it. I also did some research on what would be the best activities, cheapest resorts and great restaurants.

There are no fancy restaurant and if you would like to eat a delicious meal you need to go to the market and buy fresh seafood and you can cook it at the resort. Also a must try is to but the famous longganisa of Alaminos, Pangasinan. There are a lot of resorts available depends on your budget. We stayed on a budget friendly resort. It is not really fancy but it is an air conditioned room with bathroom. The room can fit 12 to 13 persons. We stayed in one room because the main purpose of the trip is to bond with your teammates. But if you are looking for a fancier resort I will highly recommend Sundowners Vacation Villas.


There are 3 places you need to visit if you're going to Bolinao. First the Patar beach of course it has a white sand but it is not as powdery as the Boracay sand but the locals really takes care on the beach front so it is really clean. The water is clear, very shallow but waves are kinda big but not too big to surf. Also in Patar beach it is where the souvenir shops are located. You can choose from local made products, key chains, t-shirts and etc...



Second place to visit while in Bolinao is the Lighthouse. It is a old lighthouse where you can see the Patar beach from above. I has a spectacular view specially during sunset.


And last but not the least is the Enchanted Cave. This is also the reason why Bolinao is popular because it has amazing underground caves.






You just need to be careful when you're in the cave because some rocks a really sharp and the water level is uneven. There are parts that are shallow but there are parts that are really deep. If you think you're not a good swimmer it's better to rent a life vest or you can just hold on the ropes.

PS. there is going to be a part two on my Bolinao trip but this time with different teammates.

xoxo,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...